Friday, June 11, 2004

Author : Female unknown.

>
>
>My husband was an engineer. Since I met him, he was always an
unflappable
>rock in my life. I knew he always had his feet firmly planted on the
>ground, and it seemed that no matter what else went crazy, he would
be the
>one constant.
>
>
>Three years of romance, and two years of marriage later, I got
tired. He
>was the most unromantic man I know. He never bought me flowers, he
never
>surprised me, and nothing changed in our marriage.
>
>
>After some time, I finally found the courage to tell him that I
wanted to
>leave him. He just sat there, speechless. My heart froze... what
kind of
>man was I married to that didn't even know what to say to make me
stay?
>
>
>After a while, he spoke, "What can I do to change your mind?". "I
will
>stay if you can give me a good answer to this question," I replied
coldly.
>"If I asked for a flower that grew on a cliff, and you knew that
getting
>it for me means certain death, would you get it for me?". His face
grew
>troubled. "Can I give you an answer tomorrow morning?" he asked.
Hearing
>that kind of answer, my heart died. I knew that I could never be
happy
>with a man who couldn't even give me a answer straight away.
>
>
>The next morning, when I woke up, he was missing. In the living
room,
>under a warm glass of milk, was a note. My eyes grew misty as I read
it...
>
>
>"Dear, I have my answer. I will never pick the flower for you if it
meant
>certain death. But before you leave, I hope you can give me a chance
to
>give you my reasons....
>
>
>You will always sit in front of the?computer and type about for the
whole
>day, but every time you will end up in tears cause your formatting
will
>always go all over the place... I need my fingers, to do the
formatting
>for you, so your tears will become smiles.
>
>
>You like to travel, but would always get lost... I need my eyes, so
that I
>can bring you to the nicest places on earth.
>
>
>Every time you leave the house, you would always forget your keys...
I
>need my legs, so that I can run home to open the door for you.
>
>
>You never knew how to take care of yourself... I need my hands to
help you
>to trim your nails, to feed you.
>
>
>So you see, that's why I can't pick the flower for you. Until I find
>someone who loves you more than I do, I will need my body to take
care of
>you.
>
>
>If you accept my reasons, then open the door, where I will be
waiting with
>your favorite muffin."
>
>
>With tears streaming from my eyes, I opened the door, and there he
stood,
>with a extremely worried look on his face. He still had nothing to
say,
>but just stood there waving the packet he had in his hand in front
of me.
>And then I knew for a fact that I will never find another man who
will
>ever love me as much as he does.
>
>
>
>
>
>Just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to
doesn't
>mean that they don't love you with all they have..



...hmm...you got a point there huh...*still pondering on that thought*...

No comments: